Rules & Regulations
Campers World at Hopeville Pond (CWHP) Rules and Regulations are provided primarily as a
response to frequently asked questions. They exist as a supplement to the basic rules of
common sense that are expected of all campers.
• Every camper at CWHP is a guest. Strive to act in the manner of someone you would wish to have
as a guest at your home. At the end of your stay be sure to leave the campground as you found it.
• Be respectful of other campers. Ensure that nobody is burdened or endangered by your actions.
• Camp rules are ultimately at the discretion of the employees and owners CWHP. If a camper has
any doubt about their intended actions, or if they feel that these rules are unclear or do not
encompass their area of concern, they are encouraged to ask permission first. A camper is
ultimately responsible for all of their, and their guests, actions at the campground and should not
take any action that they are not prepared to reverse or take responsibility for.
1. The camping season is from April 15th to October 15th. Exiting campers are expected to leave
their campground as they found it. Returning campers shall a) leave a site deposit for the following
year, b) pay applicable winter storage fees, c) leave their camp site clean and tidy.
All debris shall be removed, winter possessions secured, and permanent fixtures subject to
security deposit. CWHP reserves the right to clean camp sites deemed below a proper standard
and a service fee shall be assessed.
A service fee shall be assessed for any Unsecured property that is moved from the camp site
by CWHP. Campsites that are left without a deposit shall be deemed abandoned by the camper, any
remaining property shall be removed, and all action shall be taken to find new campers for the
2. All seasonal campers shall be required to pay an electricity security deposit for their site at the
beginning of the season. Once the security deposit is exhausted, campers shall be invoiced monthly
for their electricity usage. All monthly stay campers shall be invoiced monthly for their electricity
Campers that fail to pay the Invoice in full, within 9 days, shall be subject to a $50.00 late
3. Campers who fail to pay their monthly stay site fee within 9 days after the 1st of the month, are
subject to a $50.00 late fee.
4. Campers are required to clean their camp sites in the spring and maintain a clean and tidy
appearance throughout the season, including grass mowing. CWHP shall notify campers that do not
meet a minimum standard. If a camper is unable to maintain their camp site for any reason, CWHP
shall clean the site and a service fee shall be assessed.
5. A campsite shall have a maximum of four individuals that are identified at time a camper becomes
a guest. All others shall be considered guests. Campers with guests are responsible for notifying
CWHP of the identities of all guests, expected duration of visit, and are subject to permission being
granted by CWHP and may become subject to fees at the discretion of CWHP.
6. No guest of a camper shall be allowed on the property without the immediate presence of a
camper. Campers are responsible for the actions of their guests.
7. Children under the age of 18 shall not be allowed on the property unattended.
8. The purchase and sale of personal property by a camper shall never include or infer any rights or
ownership to a camp site or anything else at CWHP. Sold possessions shall be removed from the
campground or the buyer shall have a separate written rental/security agreement with CWHP.
Security deposits shall not be refunded and should be considered in any purchase agreement.
9. Campers/Trailers are by default considered mobile, registered, and street worthy. Any property
brought to a campsite that does not meet these criteria shall be considered a liability and a security
deposit shall be assessed by CWHP relative to the predicted cost of the removal of the
Camper/Trailer from the site. All Camper/Trailers on a site shall comply with all state and federal
codes or regulations, including and not limited to electrical, plumbing, building, and campers/trailers,
regulations, and codes.
10. Structures of any kind, including and not limited to porches and outbuildings, shall require the
expressed written permission of CWHP, shall not be permanent structures and are subject to
removal or security deposit. All property deemed unacceptable or unsafe by CWHP is subject to
speedy removal. CWHP reserves the right to remove said property at any time and the cost of
removal assessed to the responsible camper. Structures of any kind, including and not limited to
porches and outbuildings, shall comply with all state and federal codes or regulations, including and
not limited to electrical, plumbing and building, regulations, and codes.
11. No firearms, explosives, or illegal drugs are permitted on the property.
12. No tree cutting or tree limbing is allowed without the expressed permission of CWHP.
13. There are no refunds for any reason. Deposits are more than just a prepayment. They are
bonds that purchase and secure future activity for the camper.
14. Trespassing on other campsites is forbidden. That includes pets!
15. Pets shall be always controlled by their owner. Pets shall either be on their owner's campsite or
on a leash in common areas. Owners are responsible for the actions of their pets as if they were
their own. Pet Owners shall provide CWHP with a copy of the pet’s license and proof of vaccinations
including and not limited to up-to-date rabies shots.
16. Never leave a fire unattended.
17. All trash shall be disposed of properly. Dumpster services are provided. Bulky items shall be
removed from the property. If dumpsters are not available or filled, campers are expected to
remove trash from the property on their own at their own expense.
18. Proper safety equipment shall be worn by everyone while participating in any activity where it
19. Subletting a campsite is prohibited.
20. The speed limit of any vehicle shall not exceed 5 MPH on the property. Violations of this rule
shall be considered an immediate safety risk to all campers and their children and are grounds for
immediate expulsion from the campground.
21. No person between the ages of 12 through 16, shall operate a golf cart or four-wheeler without
22. No person under the age of 12, may operate a golf cart or four-wheeler on the premises.
23. The speed limit on the pond is limited to 8 MPH, by order of State of Connecticut DEEP.
24. Swimming is at your own risk. Beach area is closed after 9pm.
25. Quiet hours at the campground are from 10pm to 8am.
26. CWHP shall not be held responsible for the loss or damage of any personal property
left at the camp site.
27. CAMPERS ACCOUNTS SHALL BE PAID-IN-FULL BY APRIL 15TH OF EACH YEAR TO
ACTIVATE THEIR KEY CARDS AND HAVE ACCESS TO THE PROPERTY. CAMPERS WITH
PAYMENT ARREARS ARE CONSIDERED TRESPASSERS WHEN ON THE PROPERTY AND
JEOPARDIZE THEIR PERMISSION TO ANY FUTURE CAMPING.
28. NO CAMPER SHALL CLAIM CWHP AS THEIR PRIMARY RESIDENCE.
29. CWHP RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RESCIND CAMPGROUND ACCESS TO ANY CAMPER
OR GUEST AT ANY TIME AND FOR ANY REASON.
30. CAMPERS WHO OVERLOAD THEIR SITES ELECTRICAL METER OR ANY COMPONENTS
OF THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, SHALL BE SOLEY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COSTS AND
REPAIRS OF SAID COMPONENTS OR SYSTEM.
31. ALL CAMPERS/TRAILERS SHALL HAVE INTERNAL TANKS FOR GREY WATER AND
BLACK WATER. CAMPERS WHO OVERLOAD THE WASTE DISPOSAL SYSTEM, SHALL BE
SOLEY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COSTS AND REPAIRS OF SAID SYSTEM AND SITE
32. CAMPERS SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF THEIR WASTE-WATER
33. CAMPERS SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL COURT COSTS AND ATTORNEY
FEES FOR LEGAL ACTIONS BROUGHT TO ENFORCE THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS.